Thursday, April 15, 2010

OMG, I (heart) Ugly Americans


So, if you haven't heard me wax poetic about Comedy Central's new show, Ugly Americans, you obviously haven't spoken to me for more than 10 minutes in the past few weeks.

I am a huge fan of Augenblick Studio's previous show, Superjail (if you haven't seen it already, you really need to. I'm serious.), and I was really hoping this new show would match Superjail's surreal animation, oddly raw but appealing character design and wicked humor.

I am please to report that it does, indeed, live up to my high expectations. It is awesome, and you should be watching it. I have laughed my ass off at all three (four?) episodes so far.

So check it out! This is a sketch one of my fav characters, Callie the demon girlfriend.

So, in closing, Augenblick- great job!  Awesome work!  I am so happy to see an American studio making rad 2-d stuff. To that note, Cuppa Coffee Studios (based out of Toronto) seems to also have a hand in animating the series. To that, (and don't get me wrong, I love Canada), I say to Augenblick: PLEASE HIRE AMERICANS! There are tons of crazy talented animators out here in LA. Please hire us before sending more work up north.  We would seriously love to work on your shows. love, the los angeles 2-d animation industry.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails