Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rabbit girl sketches

I'm developing a new series of paintings for a dual show in July with artist Julie B themed "Beauties and Beasties." I'm trying to decide if I want to do an aquatic themed series (based on my animal-mermaid sketches- starfish, sea urchin, crab, sea horse, squid), or a series based on Japanese spirit animals (rabbit, badger, bear, fox, crane)

Here are a bunch of studies for possible rabbit girl paintings. I got some wooden bowls on Etsy that I want to try and paint on, hence the oval comps (thanks Ally!)

Click pic to enlarge... (hard to see when they're so light and tiny)

1 comment:

Ghostgirl said...

I think if you're going to paint them on wood, I'd love to see the spirit animals - it would feel more connected, I think. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails