Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cross Country Day Three: Chicago and beyond

Early in the morning, Damon and I hiked down to the lakeshore to check out the scenery before heading out to Chicago. I got a little pocketful of sand to go with my sand/rock collection I have...

We then dropped the car off at a mechanic to have a check-up, and took the train into Chicago, where we had lunch at the Billy Goat Tavern, walked around downtown some, went by the Bean and zipped by the Art Museum. Alas, again a case of not enough time; would love to return and give it a few days to explore!! (PS- I totally dug seeing the Bean in person- I had seen so many photos of it before!)


That evening, we picked up the car and made it an hour or so outside of Chicago to set up camp. We totally impulsed purchased some chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmellows, and had ourselves the incredibly healthy dinner of hot dogs and S'Mores  ; D


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails